Early Medieval Dress Gudrun, blue-grey/brown
This loose cut dress has slightly flared 3/4 sleeves and so-called gores at the sides, extending from the waistline to the hem. Gores, wedge-shaped / triangular pieces of fabric added to expand the shape of a garment, gave medieval clothing a generous flare. It is designed as an early medieval outer garment, as the colour contrasting details (its most notable feature) clearly show. The collar ist fitted with a button and slit closure at the center back. The dress is made from plain cotton fabric and looks best worn with a leather belt.
The look and cut of this dress are based on archeological finds (6th c. woman's grave find in Asseln, district of Dortmund, Germany) and early medieval illustrations (9th c. Stuttgart Psalter). The garb of the Early Middle Ages was characterized by long outerwear, simple patterns mainly consisting of rectangles sewn together, and colour contrasting details. The dress is thus ideal for the portrayal of Vikings, Lombards, Merovingians and Franks.
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Colour: blue-grey/brown (also available: blue/red, red/blue)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Length overall size M: approx. 142 cm (measured from the highest shoulder point down to the bottom hem)
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Women - Dress|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For dresses, sizes are based on your chest circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.
Delivery includes the dress only! The other items pictured above are available separately in our online shop.
As authentic as possible, as modern as necessary!
This medieval dress is part of Battle-Merchant's line of period clothing and medieval garments for men, women and children. From the first sketch to the last stitch, this garment was planned, designed and handcrafted with particular attention to detail. Our clothes are modeled (sometimes accurately, sometimes less so) on historical examples, grave finds and original museum pieces where they exist. We always endeavour to keep the necessary adjustments to today's standards, e.g. in terms of size and manufacturing process, to a minimum. Just see for yourself!
Only real consumers can give a rating and write a written review. The stars show an average of all reviews. We publish positive and negative reviews after our review.