Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship, Delivery time approx. 1-3 working days
The one-handed sword we offer here is patterned after a 12 c. original belonging to the collection of the St. Annen Museum in Lübeck, Germany.
Classified as an Oakeshott type XII, this single-handed, double-edged arming sword shows the typical characteristics of the swords of the high Middle Ages. It features a broad, evenly tapering EN45 spring steel blade that is fullered about two thirds down its length. The edges are not sharpened, and the blade's full tang is peened to the pommel. The hilt is composed of a steel crossguard, a wooden core grip wrapped in brown leather, and a disc-shaped bronze pommel crowned with a steel peen block.
This decorative, good value knightly sword comes complete with a light brown wood-and-leather scabbard that matches the grip wrap.
Please note that this medieval sword is not a battle ready weapon. It is designed as a collector’s or decoration/display piece and is not suited for combat reenactment. Besides its quality as a collectible, it is also perfectly suited as a prop, e.g. to complete your costume, and will make your transformation into a noble knight just perfect.
- Blade material: tempered EN45 spring steel (high carbon steel, not stainless)
- Rockwell hardness: approx. 48-52 HRC
- Handle material: leather-wrapped wood, cast bronze pommel, steel guard and peen block
- Overall length: approx. 97 cm
- Blade length: approx. 79 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 4 mm (cutting edges approx. 1 mm)
- Hilt length: approx. 18 cm (grip approx. 10 cm)
- Max. blade width: approx. 5 cm
- Point of balance: approx. 14 cm from the guard
- Incl. wooden scabbard with genuine leather cover
- Weight without scabbard: approx. 1.3 kg
- Weight with scabbard: approx. 1.74 kg
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.
The steel used here is not rust-proof and might show slight surface tarnishing in places. We recommend you to maintain the blade on a regular basis, for example using Ballistol Universal Oil, which is ideally suited for steel care.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need a copy of your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.
Only real consumers can give a rating and write a written review. The stars show an average of all reviews. We publish positive and negative reviews after our review.