Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship, Delivery time approx. 1-3 working days
The rapier first appeared around 1500 and remained the sword of choice of the European gentry and bourgeoisie until the late 17th century. Primarily designed as a thrusting weapon (yet still quite efficient at cutting and slashing), this one-handed, usually double-edged Renaissance sword with long, slender blade and sharp point was predominantly used by noblemen for both military and civilian purposes. Generally equipped with a more or less elaborate basket-, cup- or swept-hilt for enhanced hand protection on the battlefield or duelling ground, it enjoyed great popularity in the most varied forms throughout Europe as a fencing, self-defence, or duelling weapon and eventually became a status symbol and an essential fashion accessory to any gentleman’s or officer’s attire.
This reconstruction of a classically styled Spanish swept-hilt rapier of the Renaissance has a narrow, double-edged EN45 spring steel blade with diamond cross-section and pointed tip. The edges are not sharpened, and the blade’s full tang is threaded to the pommel. The complex, elegant swept hilt with S-shaped crossguard, bars and side rings is made of stainless steel, as is the pommel. The grip is composed of a wooden core wrapped with twisted steel wire.
Delivery includes a black stitched leather scabbard finished with a steel throat and chape.
Please note that this sword is not a battle ready weapon. It is designed as a collector’s or decoration/display piece and is not suited for combat reenactment. Besides its quality as a collectible, it is also perfectly suited as a prop, e.g. to complete your costume.
- Material: EN45 spring steel blade (high carbon steel, not stainless), stainless steel guard and pommel, wire-wrapped wooden grip
- Overall length: approx. 100 cm
- Blade length: approx. 85 cm incl. ricasso (approx. 77 cm without)
- Blade thickness: approx. 3.5 mm (cutting edges approx. 1 mm)
- Hilt length: approx. 21 cm from lower side ring to pommel cap (grip approx. 9.5 cm)
- Max. blade width: approx. 2.3 cm
- Point of balance: approx. 11.5 cm from the guard
- Incl. leather scabbard with steel fittings
- Weight without scabbard: approx. 1.1 kg
- Weight with scabbard: approx. 1.35 kg
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.
The steel used here is not rust-proof and might show slight surface tarnishing in places. We recommend you to maintain the blade on a regular basis, for example using Ballistol Universal Oil, which is ideally suited for steel care.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need a copy of your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.
Only real consumers can give a rating and write a written review. The stars show an average of all reviews. We publish positive and negative reviews after our review.