Medieval Tunic Bent with Removable Sleeves, blue/dark blue
Our knee-length tunic is made from plain weave cotton fabric with colour contrasting details made from sturdy cotton canvas. It is elaborately finished and designed as an outer garment.
The braided cords at the shoulders make it possible to wear the tunic with or without sleeves. The cords' ends are equipped with brass tips that make the threading much easier. The round neckline has a slit on the front and can be tied with two cords, also finished with metal points. The upper part of the tunic is straight-cut, while so-called gores (wedge-shaped pieces of fabric) inserted into the side seams and the center front panel give the skirt piece a nice flare. Rough stitching lends a handmade feel to the tunic. Delivery includes a canvas belt with matching ornamental stitches. It is extra-long and can thus be tied twice around the waist.
This tunic is not a reproduction but a free interpretation of a medieval tunic. Its cut is based on archeological finds made in Skjoldehamn (Norway) and Kragelund (Denmark) and believed to be dating back to the High Middle Ages. Detachable sleeves were quite popular in medieval times, as they could be washed separately and allowed for several wearing options. They are however rather ascribed to the late medieval period in terms of historical classification.
Please note: Delivery includes the tunic only! The accessories pictured above are available separately in our online shop.
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Colour: blue/dark blue (also available: brown/black)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Length overall size L: approx. 112 cm (measured from the centre back neck down to the bottom hem)
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Men - Tunic|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For tops, sizes are based on your chest circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.
Only real consumers can give a rating and write a written review. The stars show an average of all reviews. We publish positive and negative reviews after our review.