Medieval Dress / Viking Dress / Shift Ana, natural-coloured
This loose cut medieval dress is a floor-length dress with so-called gores at the sides. Gores, wedge-shaped / triangular pieces of fabric added to expand the shape of a garment, gave medieval clothing a generous flare. The gathered neckline is based on an archaeological textile fragment found in Pskov, Russia, and believed to have belonged to a 10th century Viking dress. It has a slit on the front and can be closed with ties. The cuffs are also equipped with ties to create gathered sleeves.
The dress is made from plain cotton fabric and can be worn either as a shift or as an outer garment. The white and the natural-coloured models are slightly transparent against the light.
When combined with a coif and an apron or surcoat, this dress is for example ideal for the portrayal of a maidservant.
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL (This dress is also available in various child sizes, product no. 1280013010)
- Colour: natural-coloured (also available: white, blue, red, brown)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Length overall size M: approx. 150 cm (measured from the highest shoulder point down to the bottom hem)
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Women - Dress|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For dresses, sizes are based on your chest circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.
Delivery includes the dress only! The other items pictured above are available separately in our online shop.
As authentic as possible, as modern as necessary!
This medieval dress is part of Battle-Merchant's line of period clothing and medieval garments for men, women and children. From the first sketch to the last stitch, this garment was planned, designed and handcrafted with particular attention to detail. Our clothes are modeled (sometimes accurately, sometimes less so) on historical examples, grave finds and original museum pieces where they exist. We always endeavour to keep the necessary adjustments to today's standards, e.g. in terms of size and manufacturing process, to a minimum. Just see for yourself!