Medieval Dress / Overdress Marit with Cording, brown
This medieval overdress has a snug-fitting bodice and an A-line skirt. Lacings running down to the waist replace the usual dividing seams and allow you to adjust the size for a custom fit - if you remove all cords, you can break the dress down into its individual parts.
The ends of the cords are equipped with metal tips that make the threading much easier. We recommend opening the centre front lacing only, so you can just slip in and re-thread the cords to close. The sleeves are also tied to the shoulders with braided cords and can be easily removed.
The top front features open edges that give the dress a casual look.
This medieval dress is suitable for the portrayal of women from the lower walks of life and is for example ideal for a tavern's landlady / innkeeper, a maid, a peasant woman - or a Viking woman. In any case, it should always be worn in combination with an undergarment or a shift, as the slits on the front, back and sides of the skirt allow very deep insights!
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Colour: brown (also available: dark blue)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Length overall size L: approx. 142 cm (measured from the highest shoulder point down to the bottom hem)
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Women - Dress|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For dresses, sizes are based on your chest circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.
Delivery includes the overdress only! The undergarment / shift dress and the other items pictured above are available separately in our online shop.
As authentic as possible, as modern as necessary!
This medieval dress is part of Battle-Merchant's line of period clothing and medieval garments for men, women and children. From the first sketch to the last stitch, this garment was planned, designed and handcrafted with particular attention to detail. Our clothes are modeled (sometimes accurately, sometimes less so) on historical examples, grave finds and original museum pieces where they exist. We always endeavour to keep the necessary adjustments to today's standards, e.g. in terms of size and manufacturing process, to a minimum. Just see for yourself!
Only real consumers can give a rating and write a written review. The stars show an average of all reviews. We publish positive and negative reviews after our review.